Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training, our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will prepare installation and operating manuals as well as other supporting documentation for new product and system designs for the cannabis processing industry. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of the end-user experience by working with the design teams and customer service managers to provide up to date technical support. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Designs and develops instructional materials and technical documentation for complex systems that can be understood by consumers with non-technical backgrounds.
- Prepares, maintains and updates training and instructional database.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to identify objectives, gather material, structure effective documentation or training. Continues to work with SME’s to improve quality of work until expectations of logic, completeness, focus, clarity, grammar, spelling and punctuation are met.
- Consider various processes, systems and templates, and develop/incorporate improvements as necessary.
- Conduct usability studies to help improve the design of a product that is in the prototype stage.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and with fewer instructions.
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers.
- Help write grant proposals for the development of new products.
- Help manage the flow of information throughout the organization.
- Support for production quality control, including development of Manufacturing Instructions, Quality Control checklists, and production technical support.
- Interact with customers, understand the client processes, and resolve mission critical issues/outages for high profile customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science or Business is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of data repositories required; highly advanced MS Word skills are an asset.
- Must be able to understand complex, technical information and communicate that information to people with diverse professional backgrounds and consumers who have nontechnical backgrounds.
- Efficient and productive with acute attention to detail. Ability to conduct research on specified topics.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements for the performance of the work
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and learn new technologies independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with customers, peers, and other functional areas.
- Experience in related technical subjects is an asset.
- Familiarity with GMP regulations, Quality Assurance, or similar programs is an asset.
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.