Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training, our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Production Quality & Supply Manager to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with the development of design, procurement, and production quality control processes. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of these practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- The successful candidate for this position must have a broad technical background with the ability to work with engineering, fabrication, and suppliers across a wide variety of issues. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to establish effective working relationships within Soma Labs and outside.
- Development of manufacturing requirements, quality standards, and product quality plans to assure products will meet internal and external expectations.
- Deployment of manufacturing level requirements to subsystems, assemblies & components to assure a clear focus on design and quality needs.
- Identification of critical requirements to assure proper supplier and production focus on critical needs.
- Leading the development of FMEAs (Design & Process) for development teams to identify and address critical risks.
- Support development of manufacturing processes and test plans to address risks identified in FMEAs.
- Participate in design reviews to assure product subsystem quality, manufacturability, reliability, etc.
- Support process capability analyses to investigate the ability of suppliers and production processes to meet defined specifications and quality standards.
- Manage and facilitate the root cause & corrective actions system through tracking and validation of issues and support in root cause analysis through facilitating brainstorming, use of lean methodologies, hypothesis testing, design of experiments, etc.
- Develop, Manage, Audit, Improve and Correct supplier planning and execution of component manufacturing and assembly techniques and quality control processes from the advanced development phase to production qualification.
- Lead supplier improvements in scalability, cost, and quality.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and Soma Labs Quality, and Design teams.
- Accountable for supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery, and reliability expectations.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Materials, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, or evidence of exceptional experience in related fields.
- A minimum of 3+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of quality control principles is a requirement; certification as a six-sigma green belt or higher is an asset (FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, etc.).
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection.
- Strong background and demonstrated success in applying statistical methods.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers, and other functional areas.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and learn new technologies independently.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
- Experience with ISO 9001 certification is an asset.
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus (PPAP/APQP processes).
- Experience with procurement and supplier development is an asset.
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.