Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a PLC Programmer & Electrical Technologist to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will develop PLC & HMI programs for our new line of cannabis processing equipment, as well as improve our existing products. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of maintenance and design practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Programming/modification of PLC systems and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI).
- Use of PID diagrams, Control State/Flow Diagrams, Interlock Sheets, Control Philosophy, Control Loop Decision Diagrams, Requirement gathering methodology
- Troubleshooting electrical, PLC, and HMI systems in production & on-site
- Diagnose and analyze systems to determine the root causes of current issues, to identify potential future issues, and to identify areas to improve or maintain system performance
- Functional and regression Testing, Error Conditions, Operator Interface usability Testing
- Resolving mission critical issues/outages for high profile customers
- Interact with customers and understand the client processes
- Support proposals and estimations
- Assist with equipment selection and procurement
- Site commissioning and installation
- On-call service/support for existing installations
- Potential travel throughout the year
- Interfacing with real-time database applications to manage critical production information
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or college equivalent
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years PLC & HMI programming experience is required.
- Ability to read electrical drawings & controls documents is required.
- Schneider product knowledge is an asset
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Aptitude for Programming an asset (C, C#, VBA, SQL, Ladder Logic, or other languages)
- Knowledge of industrial networks (e.g. ControlNet, ProfiNet, Profibus, ModBus, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.