Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training, our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Mechatronics & Controls Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will embark on new product designs as well as improve existing automated controls systems for the cannabis processing industry. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of design & production practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Electrical design for industrial cannabis processing systems, including the generation of load tables, electrical drawings, and installation/operation documentation.
- Support of mechanical design for industrial cannabis processing systems, including the generation of P&IDs and electro-mechanical component specifications.
- Support for production quality control, including development of Manufacturing Instructions, Quality Control checklists, and production technical support.
- Supervision of technical work performed by the Electrical Designer & PLC Programmer.
- Diagnose and analyze controls systems to determine the root causes of current issues, to identify potential future issues, and to identify areas to improve or maintain system performance.
- Interact with customers, understand the client processes, and resolve mission critical issues/outages for high profile customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or college equivalent required; a P.Eng. capable of reviewing/approving electrical designs is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years Electro-mechanical/Mechatronics engineering experience is required.
- Ability to perform load calculations and generate/review electrical drawings is required.
- Working proficiency with North American electrical codes & standards is required (CSA C22.1/NFPA 70, NFPA 497)
- Knowledge of industrial networks is required (e.g. ControlNet, ProfiNet, Profibus, ModBus, etc.).
- Familiarity with industrial PLC/HMIs is required; Schneider & Siemens PLC knowledge is an asset.
- Familiarity with mechanical codes & standards (ASME BPVC Section VIII.1, B31.3 and CSA B51) is an asset.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes.
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements for the performance of the work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and learn new technologies independently.
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.