Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking an Electronics Support & Test Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with troubleshooting, supporting, and working to improve new and existing industrial cannabis extraction systems. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of maintenance and design practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Design & execute tests for industrial cannabis processing systems, including the development of design verification plans (DVP), design verification tests (DVT), factory acceptance tests (FAT), and detailed technical reports
- Prepare proposals and estimations for testing equipment and infrastructure
- Support continuous improvement in production quality control, including the development of FAT documentation
- Troubleshoot a variety of electrical, electro-mechanical, PLC, and HMI systems
- Diagnose and analyze systems to determine the root causes of current issues, to identify potential future issues, and to identify areas to improve or maintain system performance
- Support mission critical issues/outages for high profile customers
- Assist with equipment selection and procurement on the design team
- On-call service/support for existing installations
- Potential travel throughout the year
- A minimum of 3 years of engineering experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Technologist or Journeyman
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Experience working with pressurized gas systems is required; familiarity with hazardous locations ratings & requirements is an asset.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot and problem solve electro-mechanical systems is required, along with documentation of findings
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are a requirement.
- Ability to write clear and concise test reports
- Working proficiency with Excel for time-series data analysis is required; experience with report automation via scripting is an asset.
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Working proficiency with PLC & HMI program installation & operation is an asset
- Schneider & Siemens PLC knowledge is an asset
- Aptitude for programming is an asset (C, C#, VBA, SQL, Ladder Logic, or other languages)
- Knowledge of industrial networks (e.g. ControlNet, ProfiNet, Profibus, ModBus, etc.) is an asset
Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.