Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking an Electrical Designer / Drafter to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with troubleshooting, supporting, and working to improve new and existing automated controls systems. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of maintenance and design practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Electrical design for industrial cannabis processing systems, including the generation of load tables, electrical schematics, manufacturing instructions, and installation documentation
- Support for production quality control, including the development of Manufacturing Instructions.
- Troubleshooting a variety of electrical, electro-mechanical, PLC, and HMI systems
- Diagnose and analyze systems to determine the root causes of current issues, to identify potential future issues, and to identify areas to improve or maintain system performance
- Interact with customers, understand the client processes, and resolving mission critical issues/outages for high profile customers
- Support technical proposals and estimations
- Assist with equipment selection and procurement
- Site commissioning and installation
- On-call service/support for existing installations
- Potential travel throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Technologist or Journeyman.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years Electrical Design experience is required.
- Working knowledge of US & Canadian electrical codes & standards (including CSA C22.1/NFPA 70, NFPA 497)
- Ability to produce load tables, electrical schematics, and Single Line Diagrams (SLD) is required.
- Working proficiency with PLCs/HMIs is required; Schneider PLC knowledge is an asset.
- Knowledge of industrial networks (e.g. ControlNet, ProfiNet, Profibus, ModBus, etc.) is required
- Aptitude for Programming an asset (C, C#, VBA, SQL, Ladder Logic, or other languages)
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.