Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with the generation of high-quality production & manufacturing drawings and working to improve new and existing industrial cannabis processing systems. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of design practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Working as a member of a high efficiency multi-disciplinary team focused on designing machinery to support the cannabis industry.
- Work in accordance with industry design code, engineering standards, and specifications, CSA, ASME, NFPA, ASHRAE, and/or other relevant Codes and Standards
- Knowledge in mechanical engineering and thermodynamics principles and calculations
- Routine tasks may include designs, drawings, BOM, costing, recording observations, report generation, data analysis, calculations, technical surveys or inspections, preparation of simple plans, and operation of computer programs.
- Prepare engineering documents for mechanical equipment, including datasheets, technical specifications, technical bid evaluations, and engineering requisitions.
- Review drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs prior to fabrication or sourcing
- Prepare design calculations and design briefs for mechanical equipment
- Participate in field engineering assignments, as needed,
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines to ensure the accuracy of design data, and the timely flow of information throughout the project.
- PEng designation, Mechanical engineering degree, or Technologist Diploma
- A minimum 2 years work experience is required in a similar role or evidence of strong subject matter expertise.
- Design experience with pressure piping or vessels and the certification process (ASME, CRN) an asset
- Experience with product design from concept generation to production manufacturing is an asset
- Working knowledge of 3D modelling software to develop mechanical system designs and schematics. Proficiency with SolidEdge is an asset.
- Working knowledge of math software (Smath, Mathcad, MatLab) is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, MSTeams)
- Proficient English written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills (i.e. the ability to deal with competing priorities)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a multi-discipline team environment (i.e., to take direction from co-workers and superiors)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, work well under pressure, and respond rapidly to changing demands,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently when required
- Results-oriented and takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Travel may be required within Vancouver and therefore must have a valid driver’s licence
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
- Registration as an engineer-in-training (EIT) in the Province of British Columbia if applicable.
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com