Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. provides customized equipment and service solutions for extraction and processing in the cannabis industry. From product & facility design, to installation and training, our team guides our clients through each step of the way from green to gold.
As Soma Labs Scientific Inc. continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Mechanical Designer / Drafter to join our team of experienced professionals located at our Langley, BC office (near Vancouver, BC).
Working with other highly motivated team members, you will be involved with the creation and management of product drawings and documentation. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of these practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets.
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data.
- Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches.
- Develop & maintain internal company engineering design and drawing standards.
- Develop & maintain CAD file library for product lines.
- Collaborate closely with various departments including Design, Fabrication, Supply Chain, Quality, Sales, and Marketing.
- Other duties as assigned
- A diploma in engineering design and drafting technology, certification in engineering design and drafting technology, or experience in a related field through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience.
- Experience with P&ID Diagrams.
- Experience with document control.
- Proficient in Solid Edge or similar CAD software such as Solid Works.
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and learn new technologies independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14 drawing standards family an asset.
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles an asset.
- Working knowledge of rendering principles is an asset.
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications is an asset.
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
It is recommended to bring along a portfolio of prior work to provide an example of modeling aptitude and production drawing quality.
- Fun Environment.
- Growth in your professional career as we promote within the Company.
- Life & Critical Illness + Extended Health Benefits including Dental & Vision.
- Competitive Salaries.
- Stock Options Package offered on a case by case basis.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Soma Labs Scientific Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com